Bulimia It is a mental disorder, which is based on a constant concern about food (frequent talk about fun, calorie and diet), fear to get better.
People suffering from bulimia often independent cause vomiting, use of laxatives, use a variety of drugs for weight loss.
What are the main symptoms of bulimia?
The main symptoms of bulimia are:
- Depression, feelings of guilt and self-loathing.
- The feeling of lack of self-control.
- Unduly strict self-criticism.
- The constant need approval of others to commit their actions.
- Misconceptions about the norm of its own weight.
For heavy bulimia (stationary requiring urgent treatment) is characterized by:
- Fluctuation in body weight (5-10 kg up and down).
- Chronic irritation of the throat.
- Fatigue and muscle aches.
- Tooth loss.
- Swelling of the parotid gland.
How to treat bulimia?
First, we should understand that the sooner treatment starts, the higher the efficiency and lower cost (only qualified psychotherapy can do).
The best results are obtained by a combination of psychotherapy (individual and family), diet and medical treatment.
Bulimia treatment ideally should be done in a stationary condition.
As part of the outreach of psychotherapy, explains the need for treatment, discuss relevant activities, diet, and stay mode. Efforts to meet the requirements, accompanied by a variety of promotions.